Lincoln Institute Alumni Website
The Official eReunion for "the Tigers"
AlumniCity Access Agreement
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the AlumniCity Website. As a condition to and in consideration of receiving and accessing the AlumniCity Website, the User agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. Use of or access to the AlumniCity Website shall constitute acceptance of and agreement to be bound by this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS THE AlumniCity Website. If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AlumniCity Website Access Agreement
The AlumniCity Website, which is provided without charge to you, is a World Wide Web site on the Internet that is designed to allow users to post Alumni Profiles, Post messages, upload multimedia and/or to view Alumni Profiles posted by other users or interact with those users that have Post messages, and upload multimedia. The AlumniCity Website is owned and operated by AlumniCity.com. The AlumniCity Website contains or may contain information, communications, opinions, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, software, photos, music, sounds and other material and data (collectively, "Content") formatted, organized and collected in a variety of forms that are generally accessible to Users, including directories and databases, and areas of the AlumniCity Website that can be modified by Users, such as posting their Alumni Profiles, uploading multimedia files, registering user profiles, and creating Auto-Notify features (currently diabled on AlumniCity ("Interactive Areas").
1. User Rights and Responsibilities
1.1 Access to the AlumniCity Website.You are responsible for providing all hardware, software, telephone or other communications equipment and/or service to connect to the Internet and access the AlumniCity Website and are responsible for all Internet access charges, telephone charges or other fees or charges incurred in connecting to the Internet and accessing the AlumniCity Website.
1.2 User Conduct.You agree to access and use the AlumniCity Website only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations, pertaining to (i) your use of the AlumniCity Website, including any Interactive Area, (ii) the use of any networks or other services connected to the AlumniCity Website, and (iii) the communications means by which you connect your modem, computer, or other equipment to the AlumniCity Website. By accessing the AlumniCity Website, you agree that you will not:
(1) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Interactive Features;
2. Intellectual Property Rights
2.1 AlumniCity Website content.(a) You acknowledge that Content on the AlumniCity Website is generally provided by the AlumniCity Webmaster, individual contributors of Content ("Contributors"), third party licensees, and/or other Users. You acknowledge that the AlumniCity Website permits access to Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including intellectual property) rights ("Intellectual Property Rights"), and that these Intellectual Property Rights are valid and protected in all media existing now or later developed and except as is explicitly provided below, your use of Content shall be governed by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws. You acknowledge that the AlumniCity Website owns a copyright in the "look and feel," i.e., the selection, coordination, arrangement and presentation of such Content.
(b) You may not modify, copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, publish, create derivative works from, display or otherwise transfer or commercially exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, provided, however, that you may (i) make a reasonable number of digital or other form of copies to permit your computer hardware and software to access and view the Content, (ii) print one copy of each piece of Content, (iii) make and distribute a reasonable number of copies of Content, in whole or in part, in hard copy or electronic form for internal use only. Any permitted copies of Content must reproduce in an unmodified form any notices contained in the Content, such as all Intellectual Property Right notices, and an original source attribution to "The AlumniCity Website" and its URL address. You acknowledge that the AlumniCity Website, its Contributors, and/or Users remain the owners of the Content and that you do not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or printing Content.
2.2 Content Provided by User.You may upload to any Interactive Area or otherwise transmit, post, publish, reproduce or distribute, on or through the AlumniCity Website only Content that is not subject to any Intellectual Property Rights, or Content in which any holder of Intellectual Property Rights has given express authorization for distribution over the Internet and on the AlumniCity Website, without restriction whatsoever. Any Content submitted with the consent of a copyright owner other than you should contain a phrase such as "Copyright owned by [name of owner]; Used by Permission." By submitting Content to any Interactive Area, you automatically grant and/or warrant that the owner of such Content, whether it be You or a third party, has expressly granted to the AlumniCity Website the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sublicense, distribute, perform, and display such Content, in whole or in part, worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any Intellectual Property Rights that may exist in such Content. You also permit the AlumniCity Website to sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to such Content. You also permit any User to access, view, store and reproduce the Content for personal use.
3. Interactive AreasYou acknowledge that the AlumniCity Website may include various interactive areas ("Interactive Areas"), including but not limited to classified ads. These Interactive Areas allow feedback to the AlumniCity Website and real-time interaction between users. You further understand that the AlumniCity Website does not control the messages, information, or files delivered to such Interactive Areas and that the AlumniCity Website may offer you and other Users the capability of creating and managing an Interactive Area. However, neither the AlumniCity Website, its subsidiary and parent companies, or affiliates, nor their respective directors, officers, employees and agents are responsible for Content within any Interactive Area. Your use and/or management of an Interactive Area will be governed by this Agreement and any additional rules or operating procedures of any Interactive Area established by you or another User, as applicable. You recognize that the AlumniCity Website cannot, and does not intend to, screen communications in advance. Moreover, because the AlumniCity Website encourages open and candid communication in the Interactive Areas, the AlumniCity Website cannot determine in advance the accuracy or conformance to this Agreement of any Content transmitted in an Interactive Area. The AlumniCity Website is not responsible for screening, policing, editing, reviewing or monitoring any Content in an Interactive Area. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that the AlumniCity Website has the right to monitor any Interactive Area, from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Interactive Area, or to protect itself or other Users. If notified of Content that is alleged not to conform to this Agreement, the AlumniCity Website may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the User to remove such Content. The AlumniCity Website reserves the right to prohibit conduct, communication or Content within an Interactive Area, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any Content, in whole or in part, which it deems in its sole discretion to (i) violate the then-standard provisions of this Agreement or any other standard, written AlumniCity Website policy in effect at that time, (ii) be harmful to the rights of any User, the AlumniCity Website, or other third parties, (iii) violate applicable law, or (iv) be otherwise objectionable.
4. TerminationThe only right with respect to dissatisfaction with any policies, guidelines, or practices of the AlumniCity Website in operating the AlumniCity Website, or any change in Content, is for you to discontinue accessing the AlumniCity Website. The AlumniCity Website may terminate or temporarily suspend your access to all or any part of the AlumniCity Website, without notice, for conduct that the AlumniCity Website believes is a violation of this Agreement or any policies or guidelines posted by the AlumniCity Website, or for other conduct which the AlumniCity Website believes, in its sole discretion, is harmful to the AlumniCity Website or other Users. The AlumniCity Website may discontinue operating the AlumniCity Website and terminate this Agreement without notice at any time for any reason in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the AlumniCity Website, including the Interactive Areas, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to Content downloaded from the AlumniCity Website, as well as the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
5. Links; Disclaimers Of Warranties; Limitations of Liability5.1 Links. You understand that except for Content, products or services expressly available at the AlumniCity Website, neither the AlumniCity Website, its subsidiary and parent companies, or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents controls, provides, or is responsible for any Content, goods or services available through sites on the Internet linked to or from the AlumniCity Website. All such Content, goods and services are made accessible on the Internet by independent third parties and are not part of the AlumniCity Website or controlled by the AlumniCity Website. The AlumniCity Website neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, quality or availability of any Content, goods or services available on any site linked to or from the AlumniCity Website, which are the sole responsibility of such independent third parties, and your use thereof is solely at your own risk. Neither the AlumniCity Website, its subsidiary and parent companies, or affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents shall be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by your use of or reliance on any Content, goods or services available on any site linked to or from the AlumniCity Website or your inability to access the Internet or any site linked to or from the AlumniCity Website.
5.2 Disclaimer of Warranties. Please use your best judgment in evaluating all information contained or opinions expressed on the AlumniCity Website. It is the policy of the AlumniCity Website not to endorse or oppose any opinion expressed by a User or Content provided by a User, Contributor, or other independent party. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE AlumniCity Website IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER THE AlumniCity Website NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS OR OTHER SUPPLIERS PROVIDING CONTENT, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES WARRANTS THAT THE AlumniCity Website OR ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THE AlumniCity Website WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, INCLUDING THE INTERACTIVE AREAS, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NOR DO ANY OF THEM MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE AlumniCity Website OR ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THE AlumniCity Website OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, AUTHORITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR SUBSTANCE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR TRANSACTION PROVIDED THROUGH THE AlumniCity Website OR ANY SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THE . THE AlumniCity Website IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
5.3 Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE AlumniCity Website, ITS SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES UNDER OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, THE AlumniCity Website, OR ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THE AlumniCity Website, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, ELECTRICAL SURGE/DAMAGE/INTERFERENCE, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, BREAKDOWN OF EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE ERROR, INFRINGEMENT, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, ALTERATION, OR USE OF, RECORDS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE AlumniCity Website, ITS SUBSIDIARY AND PARENT COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE AlumniCity Website OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN ANY INTERNET SITE LINKED TO OR FROM THE AlumniCity Website. THE CONTENT WITHIN THE AlumniCity Website AND THE CONTENT WITHIN INTERNET SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE AlumniCity Website MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL OR OTHER INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE CONTENT HEREIN; THESE CHANGES WILL BE INCORPORATED IN NEW VERSIONS OF THE AlumniCity Website AND SPECIFICALLY ARE INCLUDED IN THIS SECTION AGREEMENT. THE AlumniCity Website AND ITS CONTRIBUTORS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE CONTENT AT ANY TIME AND FROM TIME TO TIME.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE AlumniCity Website IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, FRAUDULENT, OR OTHERWISE ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY AlumniCity Website SITE CONTENT, OR WITH THE ACCESS AGREEMENT OF THE AlumniCity Website, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE AlumniCity Website.
6. IndemnityYou agree to indemnify and hold the AlumniCity Website, its parent or subsidiary companies and their affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liabilities, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from breach of this Agreement, any other policy, your use or access of the AlumniCity Website or any Internet site linked to or from the AlumniCity Website, or in connection with the transmission of any Content on the AlumniCity Website.
7. MiscellaneousThis Agreement comprises the entire agreement between the AlumniCity Website and you, and supersedes any prior agreements with respect to the subject matter herein. The AlumniCity Website may revise this Agreement or any other policy at any time and from time to time, and such revision shall be effective two (2) days upon posting notice of such revision prominently on the AlumniCity Website. You agree to review this Agreement periodically to be aware of such revisions. If any such revision is unacceptable to you, you must discontinue accessing the AlumniCity Website. Your continued accessing and use of the AlumniCity Website following notice of any such revision shall conclusively be deemed acceptance of all such revisions. The provisions of Sections 1.2, 2.1, 2.2, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 6 and 7 shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement or any other policy be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intention of the parties and the remaining portions will continue in full force and effect. The failure of the AlumniCity Website to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state or province of domicile of the AlumniCity Website, excluding its conflict of laws rules, and you and the AlumniCity Website each submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state or province. This Agreement is personal to you and you may not assign your rights or obligations thereunder to anyone. All logos, brand names, products, trademarks and service marks appearing herein may be the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. References to any trademark, service mark and links to or from the AlumniCity Website have been done strictly for clarification and identification and does not constitute endorsement by the AlumniCity Website of the products, services or information offered by the owner of such trademark, service mark or link or endorsement of the AlumniCity Website by such trademark, service mark or link owner.